I found this recipe on a crockpot website: www.crockpot365.blogspot.com I found this site only a few weeks ago when I was desperate to find new recipes to make my life easier. She has more recipes than I expected that I would be willing to try. This is my first one off her site. Basically I dumped the chicken(I used 12 drumsticks) into the crockpot and poured the sauce over it, and done. Nothing easier!
The conclusion: Green-as in go. Definitely a decent flavor. The meat was falling off the bones, and very moist. The kids had mixed reactions. Emma is the only one I can count on right now to give me an honest try and an honest opinion, and she liked it. Zach and Jon tried it, but that was it. Jason and I both liked it and agreed we would make it again.
Here's what you need:
Chicken pieces-any kind you like but I think that wings wouldn't work if you wanted to let it cook for a really long time. Unless maybe they were frozen to start.
Bottled Teriyaki sauce-I used La Choy brand Ginger and Garlic flavor ( I used 2 bottles for 12 drumsticks)
I added 4 cloves of minced garlic and 2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar. I used the tiniest bit of water to get all the sauce out of the jar, mixed it all in a bowl, and poured it all over the chicken in the crockpot. Turned it to low at 11 am and turned it to warm at 5 pm while we made potatoes. Overall, I thought it needed salt but otherwise it was very good.
The conclusion: Green-as in go. Definitely a decent flavor. The meat was falling off the bones, and very moist. The kids had mixed reactions. Emma is the only one I can count on right now to give me an honest try and an honest opinion, and she liked it. Zach and Jon tried it, but that was it. Jason and I both liked it and agreed we would make it again.
Here's what you need:
Chicken pieces-any kind you like but I think that wings wouldn't work if you wanted to let it cook for a really long time. Unless maybe they were frozen to start.
Bottled Teriyaki sauce-I used La Choy brand Ginger and Garlic flavor ( I used 2 bottles for 12 drumsticks)
I added 4 cloves of minced garlic and 2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar. I used the tiniest bit of water to get all the sauce out of the jar, mixed it all in a bowl, and poured it all over the chicken in the crockpot. Turned it to low at 11 am and turned it to warm at 5 pm while we made potatoes. Overall, I thought it needed salt but otherwise it was very good.
Jason wanted to take a picture of it plated even though it was sort of plain looking.


No comments:
Post a Comment